Monday 12 October 2009

Corn fritters

Tonight I'm making these corn fritters, from the Women's Weekly website/recipe collection. The recipe includes a tomato sauce and a rocket salad, but I have other plans that involve smoked salmon and sour cream.

First, the corn - I always use frozen corn kernels. The tinned stuff tastes like candied water and has no nutrition left, and the fresh stuff has usually been in the supermarket for so long it's turned into dry, bland sugar. The frozen stuff is definitely the best.



Next, it needs spring onions, 4 of them for 2 cups of corn kernels. I used nice thick ones, on account of the the batter itself being fairly bland (plus, I like onions).



The batter is a pretty simple egg-milk-SR flour mixture. Just mix in the kernels, onions, salt and pepper!




All that's needed now is some oily goodness in the form of some good quality oil in a non stick pan. Wait for the fritters to either dry out or get bubbles on top, and it's bob's your fritter!







 


 
Yum yum yum.

P.S. I should add that the inspiration to cook corn fritters tonight came to me from Haalo...

No comments:

Post a Comment