Tuesday 20 October 2009

Patatas Bravas

Tonight I'm making patatas bravas with seared tuna. I don't know why (well, I do for the tuna, but not for the patatas) but I liked the name and there are quite a lot of recipes floating around. I was disappointed to find out how much work there is supposed to be (peeling, parboiling, roasting the potatoes, them making the sauce, blending it, reheating it and mixing with the potatoes) but I simplified my chosen recipe quite a bit and I'm sure it is completely unrecognisable to any self respecting Spanish gourmand.

I used a recipe from the Taste website, only I just roasted the potatoes for longer instead of parboiling them. I also didn't bother too much with the pureeing of the sauce... meh. Lumpy tomatoes, who cares? It's not a soup.




So essentially, you roast the potatoes until they're golden and crispy. In the meantime you make a simple tomato sauce with onion, garlic, chilli, smoked paprika, oregano, white wine (I was out of cooking wine so I used verjuice) and diced tomatoes. Then you mix it all up and I served it with seared tuna (coated in a random spice mixture I had floating around).




Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment