Tuesday 20 October 2009

Ladbroke Grove Riesling 2005

I asked my friend LB, whose fam owns a bottleo, for some recs for a semisweet riesling (see my quest).

Her Mummy recommended two wines, the first of which is the Ladbroke Grove 2005 Riesling. I have to say, it's pretty delicious. Pretty spot on, too, in terms of sweetness - it's not lolly water sweet like some of the wines I've tried, and it's not flinty and minerally like the typical Riesling.

It's very nicely balanced - it's certainly not a Gewurztraminer, there's no classical floral bouquet - but it does have a pretty "Riesling" kinda nose... in a good way!

Me likey... I should note, since my friend procured this for me, I have no idea what it retails for. Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it's worth it.

Thanks LB and IK!


No comments:

Post a Comment